Chapter 49: Arabella

She finished writing with a little sigh and she looked over her words. As she read it, she realized that it was sort of turning into a bit of a letter. Arabella wasn't really too sure who it was for or why it had taken that form. It was just supposed to be an entry in her journal. She bit her lip and turned to look out of the window. The sky was dark and it kind of shocked Arabella. She could have sworn that only a few hours had gone by since she had spoken to Daniel and decided to spend the day in bed.

Arabella let out a huff and walked around to her trunk, neatly putting her journal away. She stood up and was just about to crawl into bed when she heard a knock on the door. Arabella pushed a piece of hair behind her ear and headed towards the front of the cabin, pulling the door open and coming face to face with Ethan. "Oh...hi" She said softly, folding her arms across her chest and leaning against the door frame. She was not expecting to see him.

"Hi, Arabella" Ethan said, matching her soft tone. He looked down at her with a face that Arabella couldn't really read. Ethan looked anxious and guilty and sorry but he also looked nervous about something else. "I was worried about you today. I haven't seen you since this morning"

"I wasn't really feeling well. I thought that a day in bed would be good for me" Arabella told him quickly, looking up at him then glancing down at the ground. "Did you have a good day?"

"Not really. I was worried about my girlfriend all day" Ethan said "Not to mention the fact that I felt like a total idiot for forgetting our first kiss"

"Oh" Arabella muttered, playing with the hem of her yoga shorts.

"Which is mainly why I'm here" Ethan continued. "I feel really terrible about what happened and I wanted to come over and say sorry. So, here I am, with my tail between my legs....and I'm so sorry"

"It really sucked when you didn't remember something so important" Arabella said softly, looking up at him.

"I know. I know...it was horrible of me" Ethan looked down at her, locking eyes with her. "I love you"

"I love you too" Arabella finally sighed after a few moments and she slipped her arms around his middle. She didn't like being that girl, the one who got angry over stupid little things like this. She just wanted to get back to normal with Ethan and forget about the day. Tomorrow was capture the flag and she was determined to have fun.

"So, you forgive me?" Ethan asked her and Arabella looked up at him with a little smile.

"Mmmm....I guess so" She said with a little laugh before standing on her toes and kissing him lightly. "Besides, I can't stay mad at this face for long."

"I know. I'm so darn cute" Ethan shrugged and Arabella laughed, smacking his chest. "Okay. You go to bed and tomorrow, we'll have a great day. Okay?"

"Sounds great" Arabella said. She kissed Ethan again before giving him a wave and heading back into her cabin, happy that things were back to normal with her boyfriend.

---------------------------------------

Arabella stepped out of her cabin in a pair of shorts and her camp shirt. She pulled her hair back into a loose bun as she looked out towards the morning sun. It was early but Arabella felt good. She had slept well that night and she felt a lot better after she had spoken to Ethan. Plus, the were playing capture the flag that night and nothing could be wrong when that was happening.

She looked across to the Ares cabin and saw a familiar shape walking outside. With a grin on her face, Arabella rushed over and threw her arms around Ethan, hugging him tightly. "Sleep well?" Ethan chuckled, holding her close.

"I had a great sleep" She told him and pulled away so that she could take his hand and together, they walked towards the mess hall. "I am so excited for capture the flag tonight. Something good always happens"

"I'd say" Ethan chuckled and he squeezed her hand. "I'm looking forward to getting out in the woods again with my sword" He sighed like someone who missed their puppy. Arabella laughed a little bit and nodded.

"I'm a little out of practice so I'm sure that I'll be horrible" Arabella rolled her eyes with a little smile Ethan gave her a nudge and she giggled.

"Either way, you'll be the hottest girl with a weapon in the whole world" Ethan teased and Arabella grinned, blushing a little bit.As they walked towards the line to get breakfast, Arabella spotted Hunter sitting at his table. She flashed him a wide smile and waved, walking over to him and Jake.

"If we're not on the same team tonight, I look forward to kicking your ass" She giggled and gave them a wink before Ethan started pulling her towards the food. "Bye!" She called back to them then slipped an arm around Ethan's middle and stood in line.

"I really wish that I didn't have to go to Ancient Greek lessons today" Ethan groaned as he grabbed a tray. Arabella picked one up for herself and patted his chest.

"I know. But you can't skip every single one this summer. Someone might notice" She added with a giggle. Once they got their food, Arabella gave Ethan a kiss. "I'll see you around" She said

"Love you"

"Love you too" Arabella told him with a big smile and she kissed him again before walking toward her table. She was looking forward to the day and she was happy that things had gone back to normal with her and Ethan. Arabella wanted to have a good supper without heartbreak and hopefully, that was starting now.